Early adopters of Azure Infrastructure and Storage as a Service occasionally report unexpected cost overruns. Often, those early experiences created a perception that Azure seems expensive. In fact, cost overruns are often due to improper configurations and misuse of Microsoft licensing advantages, not Azure’s inherent charges. Getting off on the wrong foot has stalled roll-outs, especially when compared to organizations that followed best practices from the outset.
Enabling Technologies provides an Azure Audit Service to assess the existing Azure infrastructure and look for areas of improvement. Enabling’s Azure engineers focus on storage, virtual machines, networks, the use of IaaS versus PaaS, and other critical contributors to cost. Our engineers provide recommendations to optimize spending and performance based on Azure tools, experience, and best practices.
Our Engineers Will:
• Assess virtual machines, networks, and storage accounts with an eye on comparing best practices to the current utilization, rightsizing, scaling, auto-shutdown/activation, and billing settings
• Ensure licensing benefits are being leveraged
• Advise on best practices for governing a growing cloud ecosystem
• Demonstrate proper meta-data tagging to better track departmental/cost center usage
• Advise on how to predict future expenses and budget using soft-limits and quotas
• Configure and offer recommendations on how to best use billing alerts and reports from Azure Cost Management/Cloud
“In the past year, since we’ve been in Azure, we have saved between 40-50% compared to our data center, so it’s been a really, really good success.”
Oluseye Fadiran, IT Director , Window Nation
The result is cost savings or at the least, a scalable plan for expansion that can realize the intended ROI. We also train your IT audit staff to be equipped to understand and manage costs in the future. Getting cost under control can offer a more predictable, better managed Azure environment.
For more information or to reach out to one of our Azure Specialists go to azureadvice.com.